Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ten Days of What I am Thankful For

I have decided to remind myself of what I have that is good in hopes of it detering my depression that I feel slowly creeping in. So each day until the day after Thanksgiving I am going to express one thing I am thankful for. Today I am thankful for my loving daughter, Lily. This morning she saw that I was having a bad start to my day. So what does she do? She comes up to me with her brand new knee high rainbowish striped socks and offers to let me wear them. A little scoop about why this is important: she knows that my favorite thing to wear is tacky knee highs. I know that it is a big deal for her to share something new that her "grandma" got her. I looked at her and hugged her and told her I loved her and tried to tell her no thank you and encourage her to wear them herself. She insisted that Iwear them "so I can have a better day". This is why I am thankful for my daughter. She saw my grumpiness and she chose to go the extra mile and make my day all the more better. Now as I head off to work I will walk with pride and love in each step as I wear my daughters new cool socks! What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment